Do you want to let users make a partial payment for a product or order in WooCommerce? In this article, I’ll walk through how to enable part payments. It’s really simple and you can be accepting deposits on orders within a few seconds.
In this article, we’ll cover how to enable deposits and partial payments in WooCommerce for entire orders. This means that you can allow your customers to add multiple items to their cart, then allow them to pay a deposit on the entire order rather than the full amount.
- WooCommerce partial payments
- How to accept deposits on orders in WooCommerce
- How does it look on the front end?
- Viewing orders with partial payments in the admin
- WooCommerce partial payments - recap
To allow partial payments, you’ll need the WooCommerce Deposits and Part Payments plugin.
Once you’ve installed and activated the Deposits and Part Payments plugin, you only need a few seconds to set it up:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Deposits
- Choose ‘Entire Order’ in the ‘Accept Deposits’ field
- Select whether you’ll require a fixed amount or a percentage of the total as the deposit amount
- Entire a value in ‘Deposit Amount’
- Select whether ‘Deposit’ or ‘Pay in Full’ should be the default option presented to the user
- Click ‘Save changes’
That’s all. Now you’re ready to start accepting partial payments on your WooCommerce orders.
Let’s quickly walk through how this looks on the front end. In this instance, the user has added their products to the cart and gone through to the checkout page.
You can see that the user has opted to pay the 25% deposit. The plugin breaks down the order into the amount payable now and the remaining balance, payable at a future time.
When the user places the order, the plugin automatically creates a second, scheduled order for the remaining balance. The user can see this in their account page.
You can also see this in the admin.
In this short article, we looked at how to (very) quickly enable partial payments for the entire order. All you need is a copy of the WooCommerce Deposits and Part Payments plugin.