Once you’ve installed the plugin, you can configure your deposits as follows:
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Deposits to update your settings.
Use this option to decide how to configure the deposit. Choose from:
- No – no products will have deposits enabled
- All Products – all products will have deposits enabled
- Some Products – specific products will have deposits enabled
- Entire Order – the entire order will have a deposit enabled
If you choose ‘Some Products’, you’ll need to specific each product individually if you want it to have a deposit. To do this:
- Edit the product
- Click the ‘Deposit’ tab in the ‘Product data’ section
- Check the ‘Enable deposits’ option
Choose what type of deposit – either a percentage of the product price or a fixed amount.
Enter a value here. If you have chosen ‘Percentage’ in ‘Deposit Type’, then this value will be the percentage value. Otherwise, it will be the fixed amount.
Default Payment Method
Choose whether the default payment method should be ‘Deposit’, ‘Pay In Full’ or ‘Deposit Only’.
If you choose either ‘Deposit’ or ‘Pay In Full’, the customer will be able to change the method when they add the product to the cart.
if you choose ‘Deposit Only’, the customer won’t have an option to pay the deposit or pay in full. Instead, they will automatically be charged the deposit when they check out.